To provide sound academic and technical career education in healthcare to adult students of diverse backgrounds that is aimed at preparing them for safe, ethical and effective entry level practice in healthcare.
Harmony Health Care Institute (HHCI) believes that every individual has an innate ability to learn and that this ability is only evident when the learning environment is appropriate. HHCI believes that an appropriate educational environment must integrate values and principles that include at a minimum the following:
- Education is a lifelong process and should be accessible to the public irrespective of background.
- Education is a partnership endeavour between the Students and their Teachers in which both parties share in the responsibility of the teaching and learning process.
- Students must be provided with an educational environment that is culturally congruent, conducive for learning and supportive of the teaching and learning process. Such an environment is created and nurtured through the acceptance of students from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds, sound educational planning, an effective student support program and positive role modelling.
- Students’ learning experiences must be grounded in basic skills, evidence-based knowledge, and positive attitudes that are necessary for effective entry level practice and lifelong learning.
- Educational experiences that are grounded in basic skills, evidence-based knowledge and positive attitudes will produce graduates with sound knowledge base, requisite clinical competencies, strong work ethic and lifelong learning skills that are necessary for safe, ethical and effective entry level practice.